Looking at the Ergobaby Carrier vs baby Bjorn Baby Carrier, they both meet some of new parent standards and at times they don’t meet that criteria in similar ways.
Today we will be looking at the Ergo baby carrier vs the Baby Bjorn carrier. In the end, you will know the features of both and if you’ll want both or one or just none of them.
We will look at all technical specifications and details of each baby carrier can be very overwhelming. The first thing you should do before you decide which brand and model you want to buy is to consider what properties the carrier offers.
Baby Bjorn Carrier
The sleek design on this carrier is very popular with mums and dads all over the world. The two piece solution means you can lay your baby down if it falls asleep and let’s face it, one of the best things about slings and carriers is the instant snooze effect.
It is unique easy on/off the design is very quick and simple as all adjustments are done at the front and with one quick pull of the straps. This makes it really easy to put on over different thicknesses of clothing or to adjust it to fit dad.
Although it comes recommended and has proven to be suitable for babies from about 8lbs, a tiny newborn does feel a little lost in the carrier. Its closest rivals are the Ergobaby 360, the Britot carrier and the Mountain Buggy Juno Carrier.
The Baby Björn is a fabulous discovery. Most people feared it was going to be over-hyped and that you’d be paying extra money just because Angelina Jolie had one. But the simple mechanism for clipping your baby into the carrier is brilliant and once inside, the baby is instantly happy.
It’s also much more comfortable than several other baby carriers. Your baby may however stir slightly when you pull the larger of the clips out to unhook them.
It’s possible nine times out of 10 to transfer a sleeping babe to the cot without waking them up, which is why you’ll love this one. Whether you are a mother or father in this case, you will love it and not just for the design.
Ergo Baby Carrier
The Ergobaby was one of the first ergonomic carriers to support a baby’s hips. It was also one of the first to follow the ticks guidelines for carrying babies.
It is very comfortable for you as well as your baby, the Ergo baby carrier can be used until your child’s about 4 years old, and while a bit fiddly to get on and off at first, this carrier is great once you get the hang of it.
The Ergo baby carrier is designed without a rigid frame to support your baby with his hips and spine in an anatomically correct way. It’s also flexible with back, side and front options and the company boasts about its ethical both fair labour and environmental standards.
However, in order to find the right baby carrier to keep both you and your little one happy, it needs to meet a few essential requirements.
It has to be affordable of course, but it also needs to be breathable, have a long life in terms of its weight limit, and it really does need to have more than one possible position to place your baby in. The Ergo baby carrier meets a lot of requirements such as follows;
- They can both be used with infants and from the time your child is a newborn, which is a definite bonus. They’re both also made of a breathable cotton material that will keep your baby comfortable while they’re strapped against your body.
- But, as to be expected, there are some stark differences as well. When you have two products meant to do the exact same thing, it’s hard to really look at them individually and see their strengths and weaknesses, but it’s important to try.
- While the Ergobaby is more versatile in that it can be used for older and larger babies, the Baby Bjorn is considerably less expensive. Then again, the Ergobaby has a thick band meant to add lumbar support, whereas the Baby Bjorn doesn’t have any added support in place for you while you wear your baby.
- From multiple positions to the ergonomic M-shape that it keeps your baby in at all times, the Ergobaby Original Carrier really does offer a lot in terms of convenience, safety, and comfort.
- In all three possible positions, your baby’s legs will be in the hip healthy M-position and you can start using the carrier as soon as you think your infant is ready for it, all the way up to 45 pounds without even needing to switch over to a new carrier to hold the extra weight instead.
Not only does the carrier have two padded straps that can be adjusted according to whoever is wearing it, but it also has a thick band that can be buckled around the waist for added lumbar support.
It may not be the easiest task to get in and out of the carrier on your own and without any help, but once you have it on, your baby will feel as secure as you will, with no worries about him or her falling out. There’s even a convenient zippered storage pocket on the front of the carrier for easy access and the entire carrier is machine washable.
Baby carriers are a great solution for moms and dads who want to keep their hands free when they carry their babies. They can also take some strain off you if you think your arms and shoulders will get sore from holding a baby the traditional way when you’re out and about, consider a carrier.
Baby carriers are also a good choice for places you can’t take a stroller or where one would be hard to push. If you’re planning a day at the beach and you love the idea of taking a long walk along the shoreline, you could definitely benefit from one. So why not find one for you.